Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Time Machine, Thank You...

So I was messing with setting up Calendar syncing with an online service, whom will remain nameless. I noticed that my online service had duplicated all of my calendar entries. "Shitty", I thought to myself, "but I can deal". So I decided to delete all the online calendars and re-sync it with my still good iCal. Oh, fine and dandy, until it auto-synced and wiped out all my calendars in iCal! What application integration! "Motherfuckers", I mumbled under my breath. I threw my pen and started to get pissed. Maybe the undo button will work. Well, that brought back one of my calendars, but no data. "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck" I yelled. A co-worker who is quite smart about troubleshooting asked what was wrong. I explained about this crappy sync and how I lost my calendars and how I wanted to kill someone. She asked, "Do you have any backups?". "Fuck Yeah, I do" I yelled. "Thank you Time Machine!" I restored my calendars from one hour ago! One hour! That's great, how many events could be missing from one hour? Well, luckily I'm not that important of a guy and I only lost one event. So, whoo hoo Time Machine, YMTND.

A side note, I had been using www.icalx.com to publish and subscribe to mine and my wifes calendars and it has worked great. Don't try to fix something that is not broken.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: